Monday, 18 March 2013

Question 7 Sharina Jade Smith

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product 


At the beginning of the task during the preliminary, as I had no reviosu media experience, I foudn it quite difficult to understand what I was meant to do or how I was meant to start, and had a significantly lack of knowledge about the technology or how it shoud e used. 
Planning: In planing our preliminary task we used our camera skills and craeted a storyboard using camera shots. We used a range of different shots such as: 
Over the shoulder shots,  
High angled close ups, 
Mid Shot's

also, we experiemented with match-cuts. 

We done this in rder to test out the dofferent shots we were going to use when filming our real thriller opening. 

Mise en scene: When filming our preliminary task we couldn't establish mise en scene properly as we were restricted to filming within a building, however for our actual thriller opening we were able to go to different locations so this was enabled us to get a better established mise en scene. 
For our thriller opening we filmed the majority of the shots from within a graveyard and, therefore, were able to concentrate on significant aspects of mise en scene such as the LIGHTING: which was dark, dreary and spooky,  

PROPS: which was the grave stones, trees, and general nature included. Depending on the location or the time you filming i.e in the evening or in the morning OR even depending on the weather on the day, you may have had to use lighting to help improve the lighting of some parts of the film or used it generally for your film, again depending on what time you film. 


COSTUME: The protagonists costume was selected in  order to portay a young ordinary teenage girl, we were able to esblish this correctly in our thriller opening, we also establoshed costume when filiming our preliminary task as Ryan was wearing a dakr hooded jumper, covering his face in prder to portay a mysterious, teenage boy.  

Editing: We used a range of match cuts within our prelimiNary task and real thriller opening. 
The 180 degree rule, which is making also had to be considered when filming. It is when the two subjects or object in front of the camera at 180 degrees. When the camera is switching from one character to another, it has to stay on one side of the axis for every shot in the scene. The first character will always be framed right of the second character who is then always framed left of the first. 

To add sound  using Soundtrack Pro, we had to open our film, then the sequence will appear on timeline. Theres then a selection of different sounds in order for you to select from to put with your film. The sounds can also be edited, as in cut, and the volume increased or reduced using final cut pro. 

Adding titles had to be learnt later on when filming for our real thriller opening. as titles were not used in the prelim. In all honesty, I did not learn much about the titles as within the group different members had different roles to take on.

Compared to the preliminary task I feel my skills have improved, however I do think we were taught so much to take on board to help us to not only create a Final piece but I think to learn new skills. I feel the prelim has help me to know what is expected of us when doing the Final film. Even though I enjoyed the overall experience and I'm proud of our final film, I personally feel that the prelim was more successful that the final film because in the prelim, we had more variations of camera shots and different editing skills such as the sound, we could have added in music to set a tone and mood. This could have attracted the audience more. Also we could have reached our target audience better by going to other social networking sites such as Twitter or instagram to advertise our opening. Another could have been Match cutting or the 180 degree rule but then again it would be depending on what your film is about and whats going at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment